Four-Hospital System + Outpatient Facilities
CIC | Master's Degree Required
A director functions at a high organizational level, providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of strategic and innovative initiatives to further the mission of the organization. Anticipates problems and other needs and seeks solutions to assure ongoing operations. Is highly skilled in facilitating interactions among organizational departments and functions. Promotes teamwork and collaboration; is results-oriented. A director reports to an executive; is accountable for functions and/or activities at the organization but may also have responsibilities, supporting operations at other System entities or other affiliated organizations. He/she is accountable for outcomes and results to achieve the annual goals and objectives approved by the Board of Trustees. Makes a significant contribution to patient care quality and service. Functions as an organizational leader and is accountable to the System Leadership Council. Recognizes and supports the unique heritage and mission established by the founders.
Area of assignment: This position is responsible for engaging and working collaboratively with key administrative leaders, patient care services leaders and staff across the organization to develop and implement infection prevention and control services. This position leads and oversees strategic planning, management of resources and process improvement priorities related to infection prevention practices. The individual in this role also leads the development, implementation and analysis of the organization’s annual infection prevention and control program. Key program elements include infection surveillance, prevention and control activities, surveillance data analysis, guiding prevention and follow-up activities, evaluating the effectiveness of interventions, providing infection prevention education for hospital and outpatient personnel and providing expert infection prevention guidance during infection surge events. May be assigned other departments and areas of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health or other healthcare related field.
- Current certification in Infection Prevention and Control obtained through the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology.
- Five (5) years management/leadership in infection prevention and control experience, preferably in a comparable hospital.
- Minimum of five (5) years direct work experience in infection prevention and control.
- Experience in successful survey mitigation and response development.
- Solid understanding of business principles, i.e., strategic and financial planning, budgeting, business planning, organization theory.
- Proven leadership skills, i.e., planning, communications, motivation, mentoring, interpersonal skills.
- Track record of managing multiple departments/functions, preferably in a comparable health care setting.
For immediate consideration contact our office today
Jacob Hutcherson | Executive Search Consultant, Infection Prevention | 706.277.0124 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Musto | Account Manager, Infection Prevention | 706.277.0124 | email@example.com
In addition to this position, The Roman Healthcare Group recruits nationally in all realms of Healthcare Quality, including Infection Prevention, Patient Safety, Risk Management, Performance Improvement, and Patient Experience. We are constantly sourcing for new positions, so give us a call today. If we do not have the position you are looking for, we can discuss our process for conducting a confidential search on your behalf.
62% of all candidates The Roman Healthcare Group has placed, we had known for more than two years. Give us an opportunity to be your career broker.